15 Abchurch Lane is a Grade II listed building within the Bank Conservation Area, built in 1914 to house the Gresham Club (a member’s dining club). TateHindle won the bid to undertake a full CAT A and CAT B refurbishment of the building in order to facilitate The Royal Philatelic Society London to relocate there.
The proposal aimed to retain existing features where practical but freshening the finishes and installing modern technology and lighting systems to ensure the society continued to move forwards in the future.
Modern, functional office and support spaces were provided as well as environmentally controllable storage facilities for the stamp collections. By improving the building’s public access, members and guests are able to access to the library, museum exhibits, and archive, enjoying the function rooms at their leisure.