Sicilian Avenue opened in 1910 and was named to reflect its old-world Italian character. Following a comprehensive retail study, we were appointed by Holborn Links to design a full refurbishment of the street. Combining several small shops into ‘gateway’ units and reworking and revitalising the public realm, our approach is sensitive to the original context. New patterned granite paving incorporates integrated services, generous central parasols, and new architectural lighting with the reinstatement of the original listed Sicilian Avenue lamp standards.
Our design guidelines inform new and existing tenants in their signage and fit-out proposals, assisting the landlords in maintaining visual standards, as well as easing the planning approval process. Restored awnings and projecting signs are coordinated and supplied by the landlord to maximise the impact and continuity of the Sicilian Avenue brand.